Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/20/2013 10:42 AM, Joseph Kregloh wrote:

>     So was your latest attempt where you ended up with a doubled data/
>     in the two or one jail scenario?
>

> The two jails scenario. The two jail scenario is the same as the mounted
> scenario.
>
>     Can we see a directory listing for that case?
>
>     You say in the single jail case you got the same results. Which
>     would that be the failure, the double data/ or both ?
>

> Let's break this down between the two cases.
>
> Case A:
> pg_upgrade -b /home/jkregloh/pg_bin/ -B /usr/local/bin/ -d
> /home/jkregloh/pg_data/data -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ -p 5452 -P 5451
>
> [root@postgres-93-upgrade /usr/local/pgsql/data/drupal_dbspace]# ls -la
> drwx------   3 pgsql  pgsql   3 Dec 19 20:18 PG_9.3_201306121
>
> [root@postgres-93-upgrade /usr/local/pgsql/data/drupal_dbspace]# ls -la
> /home/jkregloh/pg_data/data/drupal_dbspace/
> drwx------   4 pgsql  pgsql   4 Oct 20  2011 PG_9.0_201008051

So that looks like it worked, or am I missing something.

> Case B:
> pg_upgrade -b /home/jkregloh/pg_bin/ -B /usr/local/bin/ -D
> /usr/local/pgsql_93/data -d /usr/local/pgsql/data/ -P 5452 -p 5451

You realize order of switches is not important, but case is, where lower
case is old version, upper is new version. I mention this because the
ports are switched again, assuming your previous statement is correct:

" But the ports I am using are 5451 for 9.3 and 5452 for 9.0."

> [pgsql@postgres-93-upgrade /usr/local/pgsql_93/data/drupal_dbspace]$ ls
> -la /usr/local/pgsql/data/drupal_dbspace/
> drwx------   4 pgsql  pgsql   4 Oct 20  2011 PG_9.0_201008051
> drwx------   3 pgsql  pgsql   3 Dec 20 16:44 PG_9.3_201306121

To me this looks crossed wires, possibly from the crossed ports above.

What has me confused is where /usr/local/pgsql_93/data comes from?
Did you actually install a Postgres 9.3 instance there?
Or is the 9.3 instance installed in the location in Case A
/usr/local/pgsql/data/ ?

The rest of the message I will leave alone as I pretty sure you are
seeing the results of a crossed install.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com