Re: Replication failed after stalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Replication failed after stalling
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/18/2013 12:15 PM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> A possibly related question:
>
> I've set wal_keep_segments to 10,000 and also have archive_command
> running wal-e. I'm seeing my wal files disappear from pg_xlog after 30
> minutes. Is that expected? Is there a way around that?

Well a WAL segment is 16MB in size so that should give you a basis for
determining whether the above is appropriate, my guess it is not. I do
not know enough about Wal-e, but my guess is it is siphoning off WAL
segments before you want it to.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com