Re: Bus error in libxml2 in postgresql 9.2.x on FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Bus error in libxml2 in postgresql 9.2.x on FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Steve,
this reminds me the problems i had when trying to install pl/java in postgresql 9.2 FreeBSD :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2013-February/010019.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2013-February/010021.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2013-February/010022.html

The solution was to explicit link postgresql with /usr/lib/libpthread.so in src/backend/Makefile

postgres: $(OBJS)
         $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS_EX) $(export_dynamic) $(call expand_subsys,$^) $(LIBS) -lpthread -o $@

Just an advice, you are also likely to find answers for similar problems in FreeBSD lists.

On 16/12/2013 16:41, Steve McCoy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found some semi-recent messages related to this in 9.0.x, but wanted to confirm for anybody searching that the same
issueexists in 9.2.x. It crashes for me with a similar backtrace as [Laurentius
> Purba’s][1]. The same fix/workaround applies as well: Compile libxml2 without the “threads” option.
>
> If I’m understanding the explanations correctly, the issue is that libxml2+threads expects something to be
initializedby the calling program (postgres), but since the program isn’t multithreaded,
> this doesn’t happen. It sounds like something that neither side can really fix, but if I’m wrong and any devs would
likea core file, I can provide one.

--
Achilleas Mantzios