Re: BUG #8676: Bug Money JSON - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: BUG #8676: Bug Money JSON
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 12/17/2013 10:31 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah. I'll have a look. In fact this looks like it's possibly a couple
>> of bugs. The JSON produced by the first query is not valid. It looks
>> like we might need to force money to text unconditionally.
> Isn't this simply failure to quote the string properly?  What drives
> to_json's choice of whether to quote or not, anyway?

If it's numeric, it only quotes if it sees a non-numeric character,
defined thus:

    /* letters appearing in numeric output that aren't valid in a JSON
    number */
    #define NON_NUMERIC_LETTER "NnAaIiFfTtYy"

I forgot about money when I did that - some of this dates back to 9.2.

I'm about to test the attached patch which should force money to be
quoted always.

cheers

andrew

Attachment