Re: [GENERAL] Lost database - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Lost database
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 12/9/2013 10:17 PM, Dinesh Kumar wrote:

> If we’re unsuccessful, we do have a filesystem backup from several
> months ago that we can apply and then go through the tedium of trying
> to fill in the missing blanks for those months.  Since there are so
> many rows, is there a tool or procedure we can use to verify the
> integrity of the data once Postgres is back up and running?

if the postgresql server was running when that file backup was made(*),
its pretty much worthless, it will have data corruption and errors
throughout.

(*) unless pg_start_backup() was called before the backup, and
pg_stop_backup() afterwards, which I sort of doubt would have been done
based on what was written.