Re: PG replication across DataCenters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Harold
Subject Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Date
Re: PG replication across DataCenters  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
Re: PG replication across DataCenters  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 11/22/2013 5:57 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> I have read on the web that Postgresql DB supports replication
>> across data centers. Any real life usecase examples if it has been
>> implemented by anyone.
>
> Well, we replicate a 1 TB database between two locations. It is a
> fairly active OLTP application, but certainly not pushing the limits
> of what PostgreSQL can do in transactions per second.

Something that section 25 in the pgsql documentation is not clear about
for hot-standby with WAL log shipping using the built-in streaming:

Can you choose which databases / tables on the master server get
streamed to the hot-standby read-only server at the remote site?  If
not, I suspect we'll have to go with either Slony or Bucardo.