hstore syntax - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kaare Rasmussen
Subject hstore syntax
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

Trying to write a sql function to return hstore generated from a select.
But I'm thinking there must be a better way.

SELECT 'key => "' || s.part || '"')::hstore

is neither pretty nor secure. At least I need to escape any '"' in
s.part. I'll do so if there's no better way to write this (?)

Also, it seems there's no length or size function for hstore? This is
what I've got working now array_length(akeys(s.hstore_field), 1). It
seems to be a rather long way to do it, but it works.