Re: multiple configurations with repmgr - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: multiple configurations with repmgr
Date
List pgsql-general
El 8/1/19 a las 13:17, ROS Didier escribió:
> Hi
>
>                We are going to use repmgr  with one node for the
> primary, one node for the standby and one node for the witness.
>
>                It works fine _with one project_.
>

> The problem is  that we want to have several other projects. Each one
> with its own primary node, its own standby node and the _same witness node._
>
>                Question : is it possible to do that ? _One witness node_
> which surveys several other nodes.

Yes, you can accomplish that following the instructions below for
configuring the witness:

- Initialize the postgres server on the witness node
- Create one database for each cluster the witness will be managing
- Create the appropriate repmgr.conf files, one for each cluster managed
through this witness, and each with the appropriate conninfo setting so
they point to different databases.
- Run `repmgr witness register` multiple times, using different
configuration files on each run

Hope that helps clarify.

P.S.: This works on latest versions of repmgr. Before 3.3 the witness
was created through repmgr which made things harder to manage, reason
why that was removed in later versions

Cheers,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/