Re: Default session timeout in PG? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Default session timeout in PG?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> writes:
> We have certain clients who seem to timeout pretty frequently, while others seem to never time out at all; before we
startdiagnosing networks, I want to be sure there's nothing we can do server-side to ameliorate/control the problem.

> If I recall correctly, PG does not, by default, timeout its connections, right?

PG does not have a session timeout of any sort, default or otherwise.
I think you're looking at a network infrastructure issue.  If there are
any NAT routers between those clients and the database, that would be
the place to look first.

            regards, tom lane