Re: Default session timeout in PG? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Craig James
Subject Re: Default session timeout in PG?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 10/4/10 10:36 AM, Lou Picciano wrote:
> (Think I've seen the answer to this already, but:) is there any 'innate', or
>  'default' session timeout function built in to PG?
>
> We have certain clients who seem to timeout pretty frequently, while
>  others seem to never time out at all; before we start diagnosing networks, I want to be sure there's nothing we can
doserver-side to ameliorate/control the problem.

We discovered the other day that a whole class of Netgear routers (designed for small businesses) contain a bug: they
cutoff all idle TCP/IP connections after 5 minutes, and there is no way to change this behavior.  We threw them away.

Craig