Re: Importing MySql dumped db into pgadmin - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Importing MySql dumped db into pgadmin
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 11/24/2013 08:21 AM, miks87 wrote:
> Hi Adrian, thanks for your answer. I'm using the export wizard from within
> phpmyadim and I'm exporting in SQL. Then I'm simply trying to execute the
> SQL code within pgAdmin but I get several errors in the code: a few examples
> are the use of "AUTO_INCREMENT" or also check conditions on table attributes
> (I get error on the clause ON). Also I get error when integer attributes are
> specified with the notazion int(maxlength)...

Yea, as previously noted that will not work.

Some docs:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL#MySQL

Per the pgloader suggestion take a look at this blog from the author:

http://tapoueh.org/blog/2013/11/12-migrating-sakila