Re: additional json functionality - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: additional json functionality
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/2013 01:43 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote
>> Given that, I'm not sure we shouldn't permit them in b) either. I think
>> I lost that argument back in the 9.2 dev cycle. I really don't want to
>> get to a situation where foo::json::jsonb can produce an error.
> So what do you propose happens when the input json has duplicate keys?

I propose that we do what V8 does, what hstore does (yes, I know it's
not json, but consistency is good), what we do now with the json_get()
functions, what almost every other JSON engine I know of does, namely
that the last key wins.

cheers

andrew