Re: Call flow of btinsert(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Call flow of btinsert(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/2013 08:11 PM, Rohit Goyal wrote:

> Also what I understood from your reply is that everything is abstracted,
> so am doesnot care abt backend implementation. Now, I want to modify B
> tree indexing scheme. So, which files I should focus ?

Depends on whether you can do what you want without modifying the index
access method. You still haven't explained what you are trying to
achieve, what your goal is.

I don't think this conversation is productive. There's plenty of
existing documentation to review to help you get started, and you can
find guides on how to use gdb everywhere across the Internet. The code
is full of comments.

If you had a detailed, specific question maybe someone here could help
you. Without that you're just going to have to start learning the
relevant code.