Re: Windows build patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Windows build patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/2013 06:55 PM, Wim Dumon wrote:
> 9.3.1 is the version that failed for me, MSVS 2012, Windows 7.
> Build commands:
> cd src
> nmake /f win32.mak

OK, so you're trying to build libpq (and just libpq, not the rest of
PostgreSQL) using the standalone makefile, instead of using build.pl to
compile the whole tree.

That's supposed to be supported, but I won't be too surprised if it's
bit-rotted a bit. Your patch makes sense in this context. You add a
missing soure file, and you only process the DLL manifest if one is
generated. That seems reasonable. I'd like to test this patch out
quickly, but I'm fairly happy with it.

BTW, the well maintained procedure is for a full source build, per,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/install-windows.html . We
should still fix standalone builds of libpq, but in general I tend to
just build the whole tree.