Re: Clang 3.3 Analyzer Results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Clang 3.3 Analyzer Results
Date
Re: Clang 3.3 Analyzer Results  (Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/12/13, 8:18 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Here is the summary of what was reported:
>
> All Bugs:  313

> Does anything stand out as something that is particularly worth
> looking into?  Does anything here seem worth assuming is completely
> bogus because of the Coverity and Valgrind passes?

I have tracked scan-build for some time, and I'm sure that almost all of
these bugs are false positives at this point.

I have a private branch somewhere that I have badly hacked up (e.g.,
hardcoding enable_assert = 1), which gets that number down to 251
according to my latest notes.  That's about the best you can hope for.

Btw., you can also keep score here:
http://pgci.eisentraut.org/jenkins/view/PostgreSQL/job/postgresql_master_scan-build/.This uses an older version of
clang,so the number of bugs is lower,

but the nature of the bugs is also more stupid.  I plan to upgrade that
at some point.

It's worth keeping an eye on this, but it's not worth losing sleep over.