Re: where is pg_stat_activity (and others) in the documentation? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tv@fuzzy.cz
Subject Re: where is pg_stat_activity (and others) in the documentation?
Date
Re: where is pg_stat_activity (and others) in the documentation?  (Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
>> You can find out exactly what you're waiting for by correlating this to
>> the
>> pg_locks table.
>>   Grab the 'procpid' of your waiting query and run:
>>   select * from pg_locks where pid=<thepid> and granted='f';
>>   Notice, in the pg_locks table, the logic works slightly different...
>> if
>> you're 'waiting' (pg_stat_activity), then you haven't been 'granted'
>> (pg_locks).
>>
> Thanks.
>

>> As far as documentation:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/monitoring-stats.html
>>
> I do think that we need per-column documentation of the Standard
> Statistics
> Views.
> Would it be considered for the documentation if i give describing them a
> try?

What's wrong with these docs?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9/static/catalogs.html

And when it comes to statistics views (pg_stat/pg_statio), don't forget
most of the columns correspond to a function - just display the view
definition and search for documentation for each function separately.

It'd be nice to have the documentation for each view too, not for each
function only, but on the other hand that would be redundancy.

Tomas