Set new owner on cloned database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Set new owner on cloned database
Date
List pgsql-general
I am testing a Rails deployment and wish to copy a database
assigning it an new owner.  I have tried this:

createdb --owner=hll_theheart_db_devl
--template=hll_th_deploytest_prod hll_theheart_devl

While this indeed sets the database owner to hll_theheart_db_devl
everything else, schema, tables whatever, remains owned by the
original owner.  Is there no way to change the owner everywhere in
the cloned database using cretedb?  Or am I constrained to do a dump
all and restore?

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3