Re: unexpected close - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bosco Rama
Subject Re: unexpected close
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 11/09/13 01:57, John R Pierce wrote:
> but it looks like the app was packaged with a rather old JDBC,
> postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar
> our java apps do only the most basic sql APIs, all data is numbers and
> varchar, this jdbc worked fine with older versions.
>
> is this a error likely because of this old JDBC with the newer 9.2 server?

Just a random observation (and probably wrong for this, but ...) we
used to see these sorts of errors within ecpg and/or libpq when a
connection got used by multiple threads simultaneously.  But, IIRC, PG
jdbc connections are thread-safe.  Unless they weren't in the '8.3' era.

(Relatively new to PG's jdbc so take with appropriately sized grain of
salt :-p ).

Bosco.