Re: Changing pg_dump default file format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Changing pg_dump default file format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/07/2013 08:35 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I've seen all sorts of combinations of client and server versions in the
> wild. Ancient JDBC, ODBC, etc drivers are also common.

There's a security compromise out there for the 8.1 JDBC driver which
was discovered last year, and folks *keep* reporting to pgsql-security.Even though the 8.1 driver had been officially
deprecatedfor 2 years

before the security issue was discovered.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.