Re: git diff --check whitespace checks, gitattributes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: git diff --check whitespace checks, gitattributes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/5/13, 10:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I always (well, almost always) do git diff --check, so making it stronger
> sounds good to me.  But it sounds like this still leaves it to the
> committer to remember to run it.  Can we do anything about that?

Sure, you could install an update hook on the server.  I'm generally not
in favor of such things, but that's a separate discussion.  Build
servers could also do this checking.

> Maybe we should think about fixing psql to not generate that whitespace.

Not easy, see
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1285093687.5468.18.camel@vanquo.pezone.net