Re: Problems with hash join over nested loop - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Problems with hash join over nested loop
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 10/29/13 3:36 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Nasby <jnasby@enova.com> writes:
>> Is there a way to measure memory consumption during planning, short of something like strace? (I've got no dev tools
availableon our servers.)

> Nothing built-in, I'm pretty sure.  You could probably add some
> instrumentation, but that would require running modified executables ...

FYI, client_min_messages = debug5 and log_planner_stats = on is useful, though I wish it included ru_maxrss (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Resource-Usage.html).
--
Jim Nasby, Lead Data Architect   (512) 569-9461