Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem
Date
Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/11/2013 01:11 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> In summary, I think we need to:
>
> *  decide on new defaults for work_mem and maintenance_work_mem
> *  add an initdb flag to allow users/packagers to set shared_bufffers?
> *  add an autovacuum_work_mem setting?
> *  change the default for temp_buffers?

If we're changing defaults, bgwriter_lru_maxpages and vacuum_cost_limit
could also use a bump; those thresholds were set for servers with < 1GB
of RAM.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.