Re: GIN improvements part 1: additional information - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: GIN improvements part 1: additional information
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8.10.2013 21:59, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 08.10.2013 17:47, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>> Hi, Tomas!
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Tomas Vondra<tv@fuzzy.cz>  wrote:
>>
>>> I've attempted to rerun the benchmarks tests I did a few weeks ago, but
>>>   I got repeated crashes when loading the data (into a table with
>>> tsvector+gin index).
>>>
>>> Right before a crash, theres this message in the log:
>>>
>>>     PANIC:  not enough space in leaf page!
>>>

>> Thanks for testing. Heikki's version of patch don't works for me too on
>> even much more simplier examples. I can try to get it working if he
>> answer
>> my question about GinDataLeafPageGetPostingList* macros.
>
> The new macros in that patch version were quite botched. Here's a new
> attempt.

Nope, still the same errors :-(

PANIC:  not enough space in leaf page!
LOG:  server process (PID 29722) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: autovacuum: ANALYZE public.messages

regards
Tomas