Re: encoding warnings while intializing database. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: encoding warnings while intializing database.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Wes Sheldahl <wes.sheldahl@gmail.com> writes:
> copying template1 to template0 ... WARNING:  could not determine
> encoding for locale "en_US.US-ASCII": codeset is "US-ASCII"
> DETAIL:  Please report this to <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>.

Thanks for the report.  We have already modified CVS HEAD to default
to SQL_ASCII in this situation, though the actual usefulness of that
behavior is a bit debatable.  You'd probably be better off selecting
one of the locale values with a more explicit codeset setting,
such as en_US.ISO8859-1 or en_US.UTF-8.

            regards, tom lane