Re: plpgsql.print_strict_params - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: plpgsql.print_strict_params
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/3/13 6:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> This looks like a nice clean patch.  My only concern is that it makes
> "on" and "off" unreserved plpgsql keywords.  It looks like that will
> make them unusable as unquoted identifiers in a few contexts in which
> they can now be used.  Has there been any discussion about whether
> that's OK?

I don't think there has.

I originally had more ideas for options which you could turn on/off,
which I believe might have justified reserving them, but I'm not sure
any of those will ever happen, at least not as a simple on/off option.
Did you have a better idea for the syntax?  The only thing I can think
of is print_strict_params and no_print_strict_params, and I'm not very
fond of that.

Also, in what contexts are unreserved keywords a problem in modern PL/PgSQL?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja