Re: GIN improvements part 1: additional information - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: GIN improvements part 1: additional information
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03.10.2013 23:37, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> 2) Insert kluges into GIN to support both old and new formats. So, kluges
> are kluges :) I don't see elegant way to do it for now, because formats are
> very different.

Hmm. All you need is some code to read the old format, and a function to
convert a page to new format before updating. It doesn't seem *that*
kludgey. It's a fair amount of work, for sure, but not insurmountable.

- Heikki