Re: CREATE DATABASE Š [ TEMPLATE [=] template ] [ TABLESPACE [=] tablespace_name ] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Giuseppe Broccolo
Subject Re: CREATE DATABASE Š [ TEMPLATE [=] template ] [ TABLESPACE [=] tablespace_name ]
Date
List pgsql-general
Il 26/09/2013 13:27, Tim Kane ha scritto:

I have a question regarding the behaviour of CREATE DATABASE when used with TEMPLATE and TABLESPACE options together.

The documentation describes the tablespace parameter as:

The name of the tablespace that will be associated with the new database, or DEFAULT to use the template database's tablespace. This tablespace will be the default tablespace used for objects created in this database. See CREATE TABLESPACE for more information.

I would take that to mean that all objects from the template will be created in the new database within the specified tablespace.
This is possible setting the parameter 'default_tablespace':
SET default_tablespace = space1;
in this way, an implicit TABLESPACE clause is supplied in the objects creation, independently it's done from a template or not.

Giuseppe.
--
Giuseppe Broccolo - 2ndQuadrant Italy
giuseppe.broccolo@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it