Re: Howto import regularly some CSV files with variing names? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas
Subject Re: Howto import regularly some CSV files with variing names?
Date
Re: Howto import regularly some CSV files with variing names?  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Am 24.09.2013 02:25, schrieb Adrian Klaver:
> On 09/23/2013 05:19 PM, Andreas wrote:
>>
>> I need to import some log-files of an application [...]
>> The import would be easy if the files had a constant name but the app
>> creates csv files with names like "ExportYYYYMMDD".
>>

>> So   how would I get the filenames into the sql-script?
>
> Do man on find and look for -exec.

I could find the files and exec a shell script but how can I have a SQL
script take the found filenames as parameter?

The SQL script needs to create a temp table
then COPY the file with the filename it got as parameter into the temp table
then insert from there into the log-table

How would I get the filenames into the SQL script?