Re: Building with MinGW issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Building with MinGW issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/22/2013 05:14 PM, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
> On 09/22/2013 10:40 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> So I am guessing that the paths shown above are coming from MSYS, they
>> do not look like Windows paths. This is where I start getting out of
>> my depth, but it looks to me like MinGW/MSYS are not agreeing with
>> Windows on pathing. Best I can do is point you to the page below and
>> see if that helps. There seems to good bit of information there on
>> resolving PATH issues:
>>
>> http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started
> Thanks for help but this is very un-useful way. I know exactly what
> these info does, my question is very specified for who used/uses MinGW
> practically. I need to build PG under Windows with MinGW.

Let us review:

1) The file exists.
2) The configure is run by a user  with the necessary permissions to see
and use the file.
3) The configure program reports it cannot find the file.

The most likely scenario that accounts for the above is that a PATH is
not being found correctly. I will and have admitted to not being
familiar with MinGW, but I pretty certain that my scenario is correct.
You can choose to ignore the above, but my guess is doing so will lead
down the wrong path(sorry, could not resist:)).

> I read https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Building_With_MinGW but it
> didn't mention SSL support so I've to go with OpenSSL some guy in this
> mailing list faced this issue before but unfortunately no one responded
> http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/V95x82sNS8lCeW2yiGEY ; Today I'm
> facing same problem once again and I hope to get the help from people
> who really used MinGW
>
> P.S. I successfully built PG with MinGW but without OpenSSL support so
> I'm very curious why configuration options for OpenSSL doesn't work!
> $ ./configure --without-zlib --with-openssl
> --with-includes=C:/OpenSSL-Win32/include
> --with-libraries=C:/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/MinGW

If it where me I would try:

  --with-includes=/c/OpenSSL-Win32/include
  --with-libraries=/c/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/MinGW

Good luck.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com