Re: News links, post 'em here - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: News links, post 'em here
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 09/13/2013 07:03 AM, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:

> About this :
>
> On 12/09/2013 18:46, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> It is different because of who Dalibo is. They stand to commercially
>> benefit from being associated with a .Org release like that.
>
> That is really true for every PostgreSQL company.

Yes but the comparison that JoshB brought up was not a PostgreSQL
Company. It was just a company that uses PostgreSQL. A very different thing.

> But the only way we have to be associated to the project respecfully
> towards our community is by our contributions whatever they are (code,
> reviews, events, sponsorship, advocacy, education, etc..).
>
> Thats the only way to be in the all of fame
> (http://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors/) for a company like ours.
>
> AFAIK, *every* PostgreSQL knows the rules and play quite well with it.

And again, I am not even saying there is a problem. I was just trying to
provoke some discussion because I know there are some people that are
unhappy with it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--