Re: BUG #8442: Postgresql Crash Frequently and It is installed on m68k platorm - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: BUG #8442: Postgresql Crash Frequently and It is installed on m68k platorm
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10-09-2013 07:53, rajapraveend@gmail.com wrote:
> Sometimes It gives below message and some times without any error, it will
> be killed. Appreciate your help for solving the issue and please share
> recommended configuration settings for embedded platform.

You don't provide sufficient information to classify it as a bug.

> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
> current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.

What about showing us the crash cause. I mean, before it gives those
messages, it should have emitted a relevant message like

LOG:  server process (PID 14141) was terminated by signal 9: Killed
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.

that show us the root of the problem. Also, it could be the kernel
trying to free up resources (aka OOM killer), a corrupted datafile or ..

--
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/