Re: invalid frontend message type 136 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: invalid frontend message type 136
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry, I should have included that. The error occurred when an older
client running 8.3.7 (I know, ferreting and finishing upgrades on
clients with old libraries is in progress) on CentOS 5.3 (32-bit). Of
all the machines connecting to the server, this one pretty lightly
loaded and typically creates a new connection to the server somewhat
over 10,000 times/week. This is the first instance of the error.

These machines/connections are buried behind firewalls in an automated
system and this particular connection is password-less.

The server is PostgreSQL 9.1.9 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 64-bit.

Cheers,
Steve