Re: Understanding Encoding - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sebastien FLAESCH
Subject Re: Understanding Encoding
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

Tip:

To identify what encoding you enter in the psql command interpreter:

1) Open a file with vim
2) Type in you SQL or copy/paste
3) Save the file and quit vim
4) $ file <filename>

Should give you the encoding of that text file.

For ex:

sf@orca:~$ echo $LC_ALL
en_US.UTF-8

sf@orca:~$ cat /tmp/xx