Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Date
List pgsql-admin
Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> writes:
> * Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [070514 16:36]:
>> $ gdb /path/to/postgres PID-of-backend

> Which pg-process?  The Postmaster or psql?  I have done this for the
> Postmaster now but
>> gdb> b errfinish
>> gdb> cont
>> ... wait for breakpoint to be hit ...
> This did not happen although the error occurred (after a few hours).

You got the wrong process then --- maybe the postmaster itself rather
than the backend assigned to your psql session?  You can identify the
backend PID via pg_backend_pid() within the psql session of interest,
or look in pg_stat_activity.

            regards, tom lane