Re: What happens at BIND time? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: What happens at BIND time?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Does the backend's memory usage climb, or hold steady?  If the former,
> I'd bet on client failure to release resources, eg not closing the
> portals when done with them.  A memory map from MemoryContextStats
> would help determine exactly what's leaking.

FS cache usage increases through the test run, as you'd expect, but the
amount of pinned memory actually remains pretty much constant -- and has
the same usage in both 8.4 (where the BIND issue doesn't happen) and
9.3b2 (where it does).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.