Re: pg_restore multiple --function options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: pg_restore multiple --function options
Date
Re: pg_restore multiple --function options  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: pg_restore multiple --function options  (Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK3UJRG+yV1mK5twLfKVMCwXH4f6PnJou6Rn=ecabyfQH1vVHg@mail.gmail.com.
>>> Was there a particular reason for only doing it for --table, or was
>>> it just an oversight or lack of interest? No doubt that --table is
>>> the most interesting one, but IMHO the other options should behave
>>> the same, for the sake of consistency.
>>
>> +1 for making them consistent.  There will also be an improvement in
>> usability.
> +1. It would be good to have consistency there for all the objects.

Would anyone object to backpatching that change to 9.3 ? The risk seems
very small, and it would be good to do the other options in the same
release as --table. It was an oversight to only do it for --table in 9.3.

Assuming no objections, I'll apply the attached patch to 9.3 and master
later tonight.

- Heikki

Attachment