Re: HeapTupleSatisfiesDirty fails to test HEAP_XMAX_IS_LOCKED_ONLY for TransactionIdIsInProgress(...) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: HeapTupleSatisfiesDirty fails to test HEAP_XMAX_IS_LOCKED_ONLY for TransactionIdIsInProgress(...)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/5/13 10:18 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> The main issue with the test is that it's a dirty hack. What I really
> want is a way to block a statement at a certain point - to say "block
> after a snapshot is acquired" for example - and release that at a time
> of my choosing.

> Opinions? Is this something that's even worth thinking about further or
> a non-starter?

+1

Something that sets Enova apart from many other places is we have extensive database unit tests. One of the reasons for
thatis you can do way more testing at the database level than you can trying to go through the application.

This seems like just another case of that. We could either try to come up with some C level unit tests (which I suspect
wouldn'twork in this case), or expose some hooks.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net