Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server via PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server via PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
"John Coulthard" <bahhab@hotmail.com> writes:
> That's not my problem though this is "could not connect to server:
> Permission denied"  If it's denying permission I must have the permissions
> set wrong but where to I start looking for them?

"Permission denied" is a pretty strange error for a TCP connect failure,
as that is not a filesystem operation.

Are you able to connect with psql, or some other non-php client?
Use "psql -h localhost" to make sure it tries a TCP connection not
a Unix-socket connection.

            regards, tom lane