Re: need help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: need help
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/16/2013 6:35 AM, Basavaraj wrote:
> finally the result shoule be
>
> name| address|email|mobileNo|firstname|lastName|
> abc   some1    mail1   1234564 def          xyz
>
> 5 records               |   10 records

First, a table is an unordered SET of tuples(rows).  it only has an
order when one is applied to it.   so which rows of table 1 would go
with what rows of table 2?

Second, if that 2nd table has 10 records and the first table only has 5,
what would those other 5 look like in your example?   no answer I can
think of makes sense.   all rows of a recordset have to have the same
fields.

If this data is unrelated, then it does not belong together in a relation.