Re: Getting list of supported types in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Getting list of supported types in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/15/2013 07:53 AM, Ivan Radovanovic wrote:

>>> Now I just need to find out which types can be indexed (and which types
>>> can be part of PK)
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/indexes.html
>>

> doesn't list which types can be indexed and which can't?

Postgres can handle a variety of indexes including indexing on
expressions, which is why I pointed you to that link.

To cut to the chase, in the above link at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/indexes-opclass.html

there is this:

SELECT am.amname AS index_method,
        opf.opfname AS opfamily_name,
        amop.amopopr::regoperator AS opfamily_operator
     FROM pg_am am, pg_opfamily opf, pg_amop amop
     WHERE opf.opfmethod = am.oid AND
           amop.amopfamily = opf.oid
     ORDER BY index_method, opfamily_name, opfamily_operator;

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com