PostgreSQL ODBC and INSERT INTO with multi-row binding. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Eric Hill
Subject PostgreSQL ODBC and INSERT INTO with multi-row binding.
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hey,

We have a feature in our product that saves data to database tables via ODBC.  Currently our ODBC implementation uses multi-row binding with INSERT INTO/VALUES.  Previously, we just did single-row binding.  For many databases, the move to multi-row binding improved performance, but for PostgreSQL, it did not.  In fact, with PostgreSQL, we are having trouble doing better than just generating full text INSERT INTO/VALUES and sending that SQL through.  Does that surprise folks on this list?  Is there a secret to getting multi-row binding to be at least as fast, but preferably faster, than just generating full text INSERT INTO/VALUES statements?

I am using version 9.05.02.10 of the ODBC driver.

Thanks,

Eric