Re: question about HTTP API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: question about HTTP API
Date
Re: question about HTTP API  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/08/2013 11:44 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> Do we have any attempts of implementation the HTTP server described at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HTTP_API?
>
> It seems like there are design ideas only. Are there any ideas about
> implementation like using some existing http servers or writing everything
> from scratch?

Well, there's HTSQL: http://htsql.org/

Other than that, no.  I was thinking of creating a general tool as a
custom background worker, which would take stored procedure calls and
pass them through to PostgreSQL, returning results as JSON.  Mainly
because I need it for a project.  However, this wouldn't accept any query.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.