Re: How to prevent clear screen when query finish ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to prevent clear screen when query finish ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/08/2013 12:09 AM, Condor wrote:
> On 2013-08-07 19:01, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 08/07/2013 08:53 AM, Condor wrote:
>

> Thank you,
> last question: How I can find where is set this ENV ?
> because:
>

> I can't see this variable PAPER but yes, \pset paper work for connection.

If you don't want to deal with ENV you could use a psqlrc file:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-psql.html

Files

Unless it is passed an -X or -c option, psql attempts to read and
execute commands from the system-wide psqlrc file and the user's
~/.psqlrc file before starting up. (On Windows, the user's startup file
is named %APPDATA%\postgresql\psqlrc.conf.) See
PREFIX/share/psqlrc.sample for information on setting up the system-wide
file. It could be used to set up the client or the server to taste
(using the \set and SET commands).

The location of the user's ~/.psqlrc file can also be set explicitly via
the PSQLRC environment setting.

Both the system-wide psqlrc file and the user's ~/.psqlrc file can be
made psql-version-specific by appending a dash and the PostgreSQL major
or minor psql release number, for example ~/.psqlrc-9.2 or
~/.psqlrc-9.2.5. The most specific version-matching file will be read in
preference to a non-version-specific file.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com