Re: Unwanted debug messages - Mailing list psycopg

From Wenceslao Grillo
Subject Re: Unwanted debug messages
Date
List psycopg

On 06/08/2013 10:55, Joe Abbate wrote:

> Furthermore, Wences' set-up seems unusual: from psql, if I set
> log_min_messages='debug3' the messages don't go to my process' stderr
> (which is supposedly the default), and psql prevents me from changing
> log_destination.  It appears like he started postgres from the command
> line and the server is sending the output to the parent process.
>
> Joe

Hola, Joe,

I don't think it's such an unusual setup: One box is running PostgreSQL
and my Python script is in another box, connecting to it (and getting
all the unwanted messages). Because right now I'm using a development
postgres box, I can log in to it and use psql but then I don't get those
messages. The messages show up on my screen, on my terminal when I run
my Python script. And I know that the debug messages are going to stderr
because if I say:
     ./my_script.py 2>/dev/null
I get all the prints that I put in my code and none of the debug
messages. But I miss the messages from uncaught exceptions and the like,
that also go to stderr.

Regards:

     Wences

PS: It had to happen. Two porteños, and chatting in English over the
Internet. Why are all the good lists and forums in English and the
Spanish speaking ones so full of rubbish?!