Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 06/01/2020 17:03, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So it's not clear to me whether we have any meeting of the minds
>> on wanting this patch.  In the meantime, though, the cfbot
>> reports that the patch breaks the ssl tests.  Why is that?

> I have no idea.  I cannot reproduce the failure locally.

Hm, it blows up pretty thoroughly for me too, on a RHEL6 box.
Are you sure you're running that test -- check-world doesn't do it?

At least in the 001_ssltests test, the failures seem to all look
like this in the TAP test's log file:

psql: error: could not connect to server: could not initiate GSSAPI security context: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor
codemay provide more information
could not initiate GSSAPI security context: Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_502' not found

There are no matching entries in the postmaster log file, so this
seems to be strictly a client-side failure.

(Are we *really* putting security credentials in /tmp ???)