Re: Seamless replacement to MySQL's GROUP_CONCAT function... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From immersive.excel@gmail.com
Subject Re: Seamless replacement to MySQL's GROUP_CONCAT function...
Date
List pgsql-general
      http-equiv="Content-Type">

    I believe his VARIADIC might cover the optional delimiter use, but
    he suggests using an array aggregation function instead -which does
    not return a string list, so you would still have to rework the
    original queries.

    Now you could write a GROUP_CONCAT aggregate that uses a final
    function to convert the array to a string list -but correct me if
    I'm wrong, I believe the way I am concatenating as I go uses less
    resources (an array of, say, 5000 elements versus a string...)

    But while I am testing use of the ANYELEMENT, I will see if VARIADIC
    can simplify things a tad more...