Re: Understanding database schemas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bosco Rama
Subject Re: Understanding database schemas
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/02/13 10:56, Melvin Call wrote:

> If I may pigtail another related question, what is the procedure for
> allowing another user access to that schema?

Heh.  You almost have the words already:
   grant usage on schema hrschema to hr_user;

This will allow them to see the objects in the schema.  It does nothing
to allow them to access the objects themselves, so you'll still need to
grant the appropriate privileges on the objects within the schema.  You
can use default privileges if you don't wish to grant them at creation
time.  See the docs for default privs:

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html>

HTH,
Bosco.