Re: Incorrect response code after XA recovery - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Jenkinson
Subject Re: Incorrect response code after XA recovery
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

A little bit of information in the linked bugzilla report is that the
exception being returned has an XA error code of XAER_RMERR "An error
occurred in rolling back the transaction branch. The resource manager is
free to forget about the branch when returning this error so long as all
accessing threads of control have been notified of the branch’s state."

That does not sound right to me, wouldn't XAER_NOTA "The specified XID
is not known by the resource manager" be more accurate?

Thanks,
Tom

On 29/07/13 14:50, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ondrej Chaloupka <ochaloup@redhat.com> writes:
>> The OTS specification requires both bottom up and top down recovery to be triggered by the recovering resource. This
causesthat two rollback calls are done against the DB. DB receives rollback call and does the rollback. Then for the
secondtime it returns the exceptional code. As the DB already rollbacked the transaction and forgot about it the DB
returnserror that no such transaction exists. But this seems to be against OTS specification.