RE: [HACKERS] Missing headers Windows NT port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Missing headers Windows NT port
Date
RE: [HACKERS] Missing headers Windows NT port  ("Joost Kraaijeveld" <JKraaijeveld@askesis.nl>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing missing header files. I am not suprised but
> I would like
> to have any missing header file. If I have them I could
> attempt to write
> /find them on my system. Can I access them throught the internet or is
> someone kind enought to send them to me on request (Hugo??)?
>
> At this moment I miss: <sys/ipc.h> and <sys/un.h>

Hi!

Have you checked that the SysV IPC functions actually exist? Last time I
checked, SysV shared memory was not implemented in cygwin32, and that was
the reason the headers were not there. This was some time ago, so they may
well have implemented them now - but then my guess would be that they had
included the headers too.
Anyway. It might be worth checking before you get too dug-in to other parts.
I believe this is a central part of the backend, so you will probably have a
lot of trouble unless you can find a working implementation of it.

//Magnus