Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Meyer
Subject Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively?
Date
Re: Why are stored procedures looked on so negatively?
List pgsql-general
Taking an absolutist position either way is pretty blind.   What is the
purpose of the procedure?  Is it enforcing business rules?  Are these
rules that must be enforced against already existing data or are they
more akin to validation of a credit card.  How many people are accessing
your database at one time?  And most importantly, what are you best at?